What is moTweets?
moTweets a mobile application that allows you to experience Twitter's service. The application also makes use of other third-party services that enhance the Twitter experience.
Do I have to pay for upgrades?
No. All upgrades are free. The easiest way to upgrade is to go to the moTweets product page and click the upgrade button.
Why do I need to upgrade to 1.8.5 or greater?
As of August 31st 2010, Twitter is updating its security login. As a result all previous versions of moTweets will fail to login to the Twitter service. Upgrade of moTweets is free.
I can’t sign in with moTweets, what could be wrong? (Help Form)
This problem could be related to one of several issues described below:
- You have entered the wrong username/password. Make sure to enter your username and password exactly as you have set them on Twitter. Also make sure that your CAPSLOCK is not on when entering your password.
- The Twitter service may be down. It is not uncommon for the Twitter service to have network outages or overloaded capacity problems. When signing in, if you see the error message “Error: Unable to retrieve Twitter data”, it is most likely caused by a Twitter service failure. The best thing you can do is to wait a few minutes and try again.
- You have unspecified network issues on your device. You should try soft-resetting your phone and then trying moTweets once again.
- Your wireless service (Eg. Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Orange) has a “Safe Guard” feature that blocks any access to Twitter. You can check this by trying to connect through a Wifi connection, and if it works you are most likely being blocked by your Wireless data Provider. If this is the case then you should call your Wireless Provider and have them turn off the “Safe Guard” feature.
- Your phone’s time may be set incorrectly. With Twitter’s new security measures it is important to have your phones time and time zone set accurately. To verify this go to Start->Settings and select “Clocks & Alarms” and make sure everything is properly set.
- If you get the error message “Unable to retrieve Timeline”, there is a known issue with Twitter and retrieving too many items in your timeline. The best way to get around this is to go to Menu->Options and set your “timeline count” to 25
- If have you installed moTweets to your storage card please try reinstalling to the device main memory.
- If all else fails it is best to fully uninstall moTweets and then reinstall with the latest version, making sure when you uninstall you delete your saved settings
- If you have tried all this and it is still not working for you please take the time to fill out this Help Form and we will try and resolve your issue as soon as possible.
How do I upgrade to the latest version?
Upgrading to the latest version of moTweets is easy. Simply click on the upgrade button to the left and choose to download either the EXE or CAB file from the pop-up window. Installing the download over top of your previously installed moTweets version will automatically upgrade both the full version and the ad-supported version. All moTweets upgrades are free.
Will moTweets run on my phone?
moTweets will run on any Windows Mobile 5.0, 6.0, 6.1 or 6.5 device. The application will scale to support any screen size. If you are unsure if moTweets will run on your device please try our free ad-supported version or email us at support.
What if I don't have a Twitter Account?
If you do not already have a Twitter account you must first sign up for one on the Twitter website. You will not be able to start a new account from moTweets.
Why am I receiving SMS messages to my phone? Is moTweets sending them?
No, moTweets will not send you SMS messages. If you are receiving SMS messages then you have entered in your mobile phone number through the Twitter website and must deactivate that service from the Twitter website.
How do I find out whats new in the latest version?
By checking the version history located on the moTweets description page. This pop-up window provides information on the different changes version to version. You can view the version history by clicking here.
I want to add comments to my Retweets, can I do that?
Yes you can. moTweets gives you the option to either use the new style Retweet or the old style with comments. To change the option go to menu->Options and set the “Retweet” option appropriately.
Can I type messages that are longer than 140 characters?
Yes you can. If your message exceeds the 140 character twitter limit we’ll send the message to the Twitlonger.com service which will shorten your message and provide a link to the full tweet.