Before contacting technical support, please do the following to see if it solves your problem:
Windows 8 Store
Purchasing - Before purchasing an item you must make sure you enter your payment and billing information. To do this simply choose "Settings" while in the Windows Store, then click on "Your Account". Enter your payment method from there.
Please note that your region must be set to that of your payment method. To change your region to the correct one:
- Type Region in your Charm Bar.
- Select the Settings on your right panel where the search box appears.
- Click on Option which says “Region”.
- This will launch the Regional Settings where you can change your locale or country using the Location tab.
- Select the country you wish for Windows Store and exit.
- Next, you will need to close your Windows Store and re-launch it. Chances are that Store will automatically refresh itself.
- Now the apps will be listed according to the country you selected above.
Purchasing - Read the details screen to make sure the app meets all requirements to run on your phone.
You must sign up or be signed in to purchase an application from the Marketplace. If you do not already have an account you can sign up for free here.
Remove the application - To delete apps:
To delete games:
- From the Start screen, flick left to the App list.
- Tap and hold the app, then tap Uninstall.
- In the Start screen, tap Games.
- In Collection, tap and hold a game, and then tap Uninstall.
Reinstall the application - You can reinstall an application without purchasing it again, as long as the publisher continues to include it in Marketplace. When you tap Buy, a message in the Purchase Confirmation screen will let you know that you've already purchased this app or game and that you have the option to install it again.
Restart the phone - Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds until Goodbye! appears. Press the Power button to turn the phone on again.
Purchasing on the PC - Make sure you're using the latest version of the Zune software. * The Zune software won't work on versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP SP3.
iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
Update your device software - Use iTunes to update to the latest version of iOS for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Reinstall the application - Remove the application from your device and reinstall it.
- Touch and hold any application icon on the Home Screen until the icons start to wiggle.
- Tap the "x" in the corner of the application you want to delete.
- Tap Delete to remove the application and all of its data from your device.
- Press the Home button.
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for the application and then download it again.
Note: If it is a paid app, ensure you are using the iTunes account you purchased the app with originally. If it is not, you will be charged for the app again
Restart your device - Hold the Sleep/Wake button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off your device. When it is off, press the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on.
If the issue persists after a restart and only affects a single app, try closing just that app:
Check for app updates - Ensure that your apps are up to date:
- Press the Home button to return to the Home screen
- Double-tap the Home button to display recent apps
- Tap and hold the affected app until the red minus appears
- Tap the red minus to quit the app
- Open the App Store and tap Updates. If updates are available, tap Update All.
- When prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information. App Store will then download and install the application updates.
* Some applications may require a Wi-Fi connection to update.
Windows Mobile Devices
Re-download the Software - Most of our partner websites will allow you to download our products again free of charge. Please contact us if you are unable to download your purchased software.
Install the latest version of Microsoft Active-Sync - If you are installing from a Windows PC running XP please download ActiveSync 4.5 is available here.
Install the latest version of Windows Mobile Device Center - If you are installing from a Windows PC running Vista or Windows 7, please download Windows Mobile Device Center available here.
Soft Reset your Mobile device – A soft reset will not erase your user data but may resolve your installation problem. To soft reset, press the soft reset button or temporarily remove the battery.
Re-install the Application - Once you have followed the above steps, please try re-installing the software to see if your problem is resolved.
Installing and troubleshooting problems during the software update for Windows Phone 7
App Store Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Windows Phone 7 - Download apps and games FAQ
How to revive a dead Windows Mobile Device
How to update your Windows Mobile Device